UPSC Mains 2022 started with essay paper, At first sight I believe that Part A is difficult in comparison to part B.
Part A is more like a Hobson’s choice, forcing the majority of aspirants to write the 4h topic, A ship in harbour. Part B, first topic, is the easiest in my humble opinion, 2 and 3 are equally difficult and last is the toughest of the lot.
- Forests are the best case studies for economic excellence
- Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world
- History is a series of victories won by the scientific man over the romantic man
- A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ship is for
- The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining
- You cannot step twice in the same river
- A smile is the chosen vehicle for all ambiguities
- Just because you have a choice, it does not mean that any of them has to be right
Kindly note that difficulty is measured on how the student will struggle in the exam hall to arrange the ideas and convey the same. Check out UPSC Previous topics and the difficulty scale.
Last year’s test series 6th test had the same question “You cannot step twice in the same river” irony is that it was not useful last year.